It's a new day a new dawn!


At this point I had already been 'up' almost an hour. My children get up everyday at 7am... leads to a bloodshot looking mommy...

Okay so I wasn't up out of bed early enough to capture the sunrise.. not like I could really find it underneath all of those clouds, but the warm rich colour would have shone through none the less!! I guess this is one area I might struggle a bit with Photography, as the best light or most interesting seems to be either early or late in the day.  And this mama.. loves sleep ... even though my children haven't gotten that memo ! I still got something I love this morning ..."best thing about waking up is coffee in my cup!!" Yes I sang that off tune too haha
 I lately, have been learning how badly my camera sucks with higher ISO.. by high.. I mean high for this camera sooo.. anything over 100 ISO is very very noisy with lots of grain. Which leads to being super frustrated at wasted shots. I'm still trying to figure out my on board flash. Last night I had the absolute worst time getting pics.. literally within 100th of a second I was going from insanely overexposed to black photos.. maybe I should just stick with natural light on this camera and work my way up to the really challenging ones!! I am wondering now, if i just had my ISO too high while working the flash. Will test out my theory tonight.Want to cringe with me? Here is a shot from last night..by a shot I mean the BEST shot.

This is horrible. I do have other shots with better angles.. but very hard to make out ! Yes. This frustrates me and makes me want to try even harder. I will get it right you'll see. 

I really wish I had a tripod... too much handshake that's for sure even when I rest it on stationary objects! Here's my attempt at a dusk shot

Though the equipment doesn't make the photographer.. it sure does come in handy. When doing long exposures as any movement is recorded which is were having a tripod comes in. Although I like to think it's 'creative' lol !!!  I need to find a way to record what each shot was shot at. Probably help me more in the long run in my quest to understand photography! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

My photos n stuff

My Blog List

Total Pageviews

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
26 year old canadian girl born and raised in Ontario. Mom of two beautiful girls Rylie 03.26.08 and Danielle 03.25.08. I love tattoos I have a few of them. My absolute favourite thing to do is read. I read on avg. about a book a day! I also knit, sew, paint(er by trade yes I've made a living doing it! ) I also am not bad at cooking and cleaning either.. no wonder I made it barefoot pregnant in the kitchen twice !