Once Upon a Time

All stories have a beginning. Lets see if we can start this one off right. My name is Ashley. I am a mother. A mother of two beautiful little girls. They are what make my life appear as a picture perfect exposure ! A splash of colour and light. My world would be bleak without my Rylie 03.26.08 and Danielle 03.25.10. I am attempting this photographic journey as I head into photography. As of now, I lack awesome, amazing equipment.. It will be a couple of months before I can afford the 3 grand it will cost to buy my dream camera, (Canon EOS 7D .. ain't it beaut? ) and some basic necessities: lenses, tripod, filters etc. Till then I have a pretty good point and click ( Canon Powershot S5 IS ) as I learn how to really work Manual mode! 


Be prepared to see drastic changes as I learn. My photo's now will make me cringe a year from now. I will know then, that I have moved forward. Feel free to make comments on my photo's and blogs. I am self learning till I have the equip via Bryan Peterson's books Understanding Exposure and Understanding Digital Photography . Anyone interested in taking better pictures this is a great place to start. Bryan is not only an awesome photographer, but he has the gift of words.  Bryan makes it feel like you're not reading a manual but something that just makes sense. 
                                  

                                                                Danielle in her cool shades
                                                                Rylie rocking sunglasses
                                                   Don't you just love this face? Heaven knows I do
                                    Shocker I never do photos... so I thought I'd splurge and upload one
                                                                                    I just love this photo..
                              Rylie has beautiful eyes... and poor bandaged eyebrow




So here you have it, a few snap shots I've taken this past week. I will probably drive my family nuts with how often they will be my subjects of photography torture haha.. at least they will appreciate it later on when they can look back and have so many of their childhood. 







4 comments:

~*SourSkittles+2*~ April 4, 2011 at 7:45 p.m.  

Awesome! I can't wait to see how your blog developes! I'm interested in the same thing too. I've got a Nikon D40, but only know the basics on using it. :) Good luck!

JustAMom April 5, 2011 at 8:34 a.m.  

How are you liking the Nikon? I do suggest Bryan Peterson if you want some help with the basics :) really a easy read and fun to look at lots of pictures!!

Ashley April 7, 2011 at 10:53 a.m.  

Those are some pretty good pics-- can't wait to watch you morph into a pro. ;-) An awesome photographer friend of mine recommended "Photography and the Art of Seeing" as her favourite book for aspiring photographers, written by Freeman Patterson. Just passing the info on.

JustAMom April 11, 2011 at 9:34 p.m.  

Thanks for the book suggestion I will definitely look into it! I will have to wait a month as I already purchased two books as is haha!! I do love learning the ins and outs of it

Post a Comment

About this blog

My photos n stuff

My Blog List

Total Pageviews

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
26 year old canadian girl born and raised in Ontario. Mom of two beautiful girls Rylie 03.26.08 and Danielle 03.25.08. I love tattoos I have a few of them. My absolute favourite thing to do is read. I read on avg. about a book a day! I also knit, sew, paint(er by trade yes I've made a living doing it! ) I also am not bad at cooking and cleaning either.. no wonder I made it barefoot pregnant in the kitchen twice !